How to Cover Cupcakes Perfectly
In this short video Handi Mulyana teaches you how to cover a cupcake perfectly, providing you with a super smooth base to put your cupcake decorations on.
• Sugar or jam syrup
• Blue, Green, Pink, Red, Yellow, Brown,
Beige, Black and White fondant
• Squires Kitchen Cake Smoother – Small
• Rolling Pin
• 4” Crooked spatula
• Flower cutter large – we used a PME
• Circle Cutters
• Small blossom Cutter
• Sharp paring knife
1. Using a paring knife, trim your cupcakes so they have a smooth surface and are free of muffin tops.
2. Cover the top of your cupcakes with a thin layer of chocolate ganache. Make sure not to come all the way to the paper.
3. Brush a little sugar or jam syrup on the top.
4. Roll out your fondant about 2-3 mm thick and cut circles large enough to cover the cupcakes. Allow for the dome.
5. Smooth with a Squires Kitchen Cake Smoother – Small
There you have it! Perfect fondant covered cupcakes!