How to Make a Paper Piping Bag from baking paper
I find that I have so much more control with a homemade bag as it is smaller and much easier to use. If you haven’t tried it make sure you give it a go. It may take a few tries but it is so worth it!
1. Unroll a length of baking paper and fold one corner up to make a triangle shape.
2. Mark the crease and cut paper into a square.
3. Cut along the crease to make two triangles.
4.Pick up one of the corners and fold it up and around to meet the apex of the triangle.
5. Holding it in place, bring the other side around and secure it by folding the top over.
7. Fill the bag with icing or chocolate, fold the top over and it is ready to use.
My go to resource for everything piping is this wonderful book by old school decorator Eddie Spence. Piping is truly an art and this book is nothing short of awe inspiring. It is full of projects and templates to practice and reference. This book is expensive but a true investment. I think this is a book every decorator should own. The Art of Royal Icing: A Unique Guide to Cake Decoration by Eddie Spence